Author : Nilotpal RoyPublished Date : March 28, 2013
Tag List : Amanora Town Centre, BlazeClan, droughts in India, Pune walkathon 2013, save water, Times of India, water conservation, water shortage 2013
On the early Sunday morning of 24thÂ March, 2013 BlazeClan joined other Puneites to walk for a cause â€śPune Walks for Water Walkathonâ€ť; jointly organized by Times of India and Amanora Town Centre. To mark World Water Day 1500 people from the city joined for the cause.
With the central theme of saving and conserving water, our clan members joined thousands of others with placards to complete the 3 mile Walkathon and raise awareness for this very important cause.Â A large percentage of the earth is covered with water; however it is a scarce resource when it comes to our daily human needs. The recent droughts in certain areas of the state of Maharashtra and other parts of India this year have inflicted damage to agriculture and human activities to a large extent. This participation is an acknowledgement of our concern for this issue.
BlazeClan was the first corporate team to register for the â€śWalkathonâ€ť and the team made sure they spread the message through their voices.
Hope many more such events are given response by the people of the country, because if there is a cause to save the environment, BlazeClan will surely be there!
To know more about this walkathon click here.
Latest posts by Nilotpal Roy (see all)
- 4 Key Takeaways from Andy’s Keynote at AWS Summit 2014 – Why is World Moving to Cloud so Fast? - April 3, 2014
- 10 Frequently asked Questions about Amazon CloudFront – A Callout to Media Houses – Webinar Resources & DEMO - March 4, 2014
- Why is Cloud Computing Big Data’s Best Friend? Hadoop in the Clouds to Answer your Doubts! - January 9, 2014
- Previous Blog:
- BlazeClan Technologies is now AWS Advanced Consulting Partner
- Next Blog:
- Software as a Service (SaaS) Applications and the opportunities for ISVs