When we talk about data protection in the cloud and securing confidential information, the first thing that comes to the mind is the ISO 27001 Certification. The ISO/IEC 27001 Certification enables organizations to keep information assets secure. In all, ISO/IEC 27001 is the widely known standard providing requirements for an information security management system (ISMS).
As a leading Premier Amazon Web Services (AWS) consulting partner and an AWS Managed Service Provider for the third year in a row, we have successfully received the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certification for Management of Information Security in Development, Implementation, and Deployment of cloud hosting services along with support and maintenance.
Impact of ISO Certification on Cloud
BlazeClan welcomes such new standards and best practices laid by ISO 27001 certification. With the implementation of the new certification, we confirm our commitment to adhere and provide security, availability, and confidentiality of our offerings.
- Security – Cloud Security perspective include domains of confidentiality, privacy, completeness, integrity, and availability of information. Covering the clauses mentioned in Annex A of the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard, BlazeClan’s facilities, infrastructure, devices, and remote working practices are completely secured on the cloud. Furthermore, the ISMS is monitored and updated on a regular basis only to improve and abide by the requirements and principles of the standard. The third-party audit and fulfillment of all the stipulated criteria which covers how a CSP should plan, build, integrate, operate, optimize, and provide security on AWS Cloud.
- Operations – At BlazeClan, an Agile Scrum methodology is implemented and the cloud infrastructure is securely monitored and managed by the Ops team through SHH keys, VPN Tunnelling, and many other security based protocols. Any changes that need to be performed in the cloud infrastructure need to undergo a rigorous amount of real-world scenario testing only to benefit our customers and to provide a stage for innovation to bloom. The entire process has been carved through the acceptance and by complying with the ISO 27001 standards.
- Managed Services – BlazeClan is a part of the AWS Managed Service Provider (MSP) Partner Program for the third year in a row. Our Cloud Management Platform (CMP), a SaaS-based platform to monitor our client’s cloud requirements adheres to the best practices laid by ISO 27001 standards. Through the Managed Services offering, BlazeClan’s team of SysOps & DevOps engineers manage cloud infrastructure by providing direct access and rich analytics of security, scalability, health, and availability of the cloud environment. The CMP tool, which is a part of the Managed Services is capable of delivering 24/7 Monitoring, Alert Management, Service Management, Device and Application Discovery, Asset Management, Reporting, and Proactive Management.
- Networking – BlazeClan’s customers can be fully assured of their information to be secured in the highest possible manner, as the 24/7 NOC response team provides continuous feedback in regards to any unwanted security instances taking place in the cloud. In addition, the in-house DDOS defence system implemented in the infrastructure constantly monitors and evaluates network traffic and provides another layer of security.
- Development and Deployment – With the infusion of the ISO 27001 certification, a well-defined methodology primarily used for software development and deployment has been implemented. The development and deployment methodology at BlazeClan consists separate acceptance testing, development and continuous monitoring of production environments. Even the best practices of code and unit testing are followed, only to deliver exceptional results to our clients.
- DevSecOps – DevSecOps aids in adding another layer of security in development operations. And at BlazeClan most of the processes are automated, similarly, implementing a DevSecOps approach helps us to gain an edge in protecting the system in continuous automation. Furthermore, DevSecOps also helps in monitoring attack and detect defects which can be an entry point to attackers. A security transformation is a must for BlazeClan where automation plays an important role in offering cloud services.
- Data Centres – BlazeClan’s partnership with Amazon Web Services (AWS), a global leader in providing cloud services ensures AWS Data Centres to be fully ISO 27001 compliant. Located in different parts of the globe, these Data Centres ensure to provide zero downtime with minimum latency.
Impact of ISO on Customers
With a customer-obsessed outlook, BlazeClan always prioritizes the customer first approach in its business. Furthermore, acclaiming the ISO 27001 certification demonstrates our true commitment to secure information at every level for our customers who believe in BlazeClan. Having a rigorous two-stage audit performed through the certified independent party – TÜV SÜD South Asia Private Limited ensured to examine every department’s processes, controls, and systems to verify proper execution. The certification provides additional clarity and a sense of assurance to our customers in the length and breadths of security practices adhered here at BlazeClan.
The Future Looks Secured
As a global cloud service provider, BlazeClan can provide end-to-end assurance to its customers about the risks which are relating to cloud services have been mitigated with the adherence to ISO 27001 standards – view the certificate here. In addition, streamlining and developing innovative cloud-based solutions has been our priority and it still continues to be one within the four walls of ISO certification. Feel free to contact us to know more about our offerings or view the press release for the ISO 27001 Certification here.
Eshan has been a versatile writer for almost a decade now. At BlazeClan, he loves writing on upcoming technologies, summits, and everything evolving around the cloud. Prior to BlazeClan, he has contributed countless times for tech firms, automotive news and reviews agencies, educational institutes, etc. Besides writing, he loves motorcycling and spends most of his time outdoors.